The philosophy of Capital Region Foot Care has been to remain on the leading edge of of knowledge and technology while providing compassionate quality care. Our doctors have the expertise and training to provide you with the best care.
Our friendly staff is committed to helping you through the process from making your initial appointment to following up with your questions. We strive to educate each patient regarding their condition so that they understand what options they have in their care and what to expect during treatment. We believe that keeping people active is the key to a happy and healthy lifestyle. We accomplish this by providing a compassionate professional environment, unequaled service, using a team approach with other specialists when warranted, and building a relationship with our patients to ensure the best outcomes.
Keep reading to learn about our foot doctors and their backgrounds.
Marc D. Ginsburg, DPM
A native Albanian, he was valedictorian of the 1976 class at Monmouth University. He found podiatric medicine and surgery as a fulfilling professional career.
Dr. Ginsburg completed his studies in podiatry at the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine, and his surgical residency at New Berlin Memorial Hospital in Milwaukee, WT. He, then, returned to Albany and has been in private practice since 1984. Dr. Ginsburg is board certified with the American Board of foot and ankle surgery and maintains a special interest in forefoot reconstruction, diabetic foot and salvage surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of wound management and is an assistant instructor in the Department of family practice at Albany Medical Center. He prides himself in teaching others.
Dr. Ginsburg enjoys sports and athletics, and manages athletic injuries to the foot and lower extremity. He enjoys golf, hiking (Adirondack 46er and Catskill 35er) and competed in the Iron Man triathlon in Kona Hawaii.
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine for 34 years
- Established private practice for 32 years
- Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine, 1978-1982
- Degree: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine D.P.M.
- School of Medical Technology-Monmouth Medical Center, 1978
- Degree: Medical Technologist, American Society of Clinical Pathologists, MT ASCP
- Monmouth College, 1972-1976
- Degree: B.S. Biology
- Livingston High School, 1972
- Albany High School, 1970-1971
- New Berlin Memorial Hospital, New Berlin, WI 1982-1983
Special Honors and Achievements:
- Edward G Schlaefer Award-Valedictorian-Monmouth College, 1976
- Graduated number 2-Class of 1982-Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine
- Clinical Podiatry Award
- Langer Biomechanics Award
- P. Delta National Podiatric Honorary Society
- Sports Medicine Committee
- National Dean’s List
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Chairman-City Services Committee
- Vice President-Stirling Harford Anatomical Honorary Society
- New York-Active#3861-1
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member-National Board of Podiatry Examiners
- New York State Podiatry Society
- Member- New York State Diabetes Association
- Secretary-Northeast Division- N.Y.S. Podiatric Medical Association
- President-Northeast Division – N.Y.S. Podiatric Medical Association
- Diplomate-American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 1987-present
- Fellow-American College of Foot Surgeons, 1987-Present
- Diplomate-American Academy of Wound Management, 1998-Present
- Certified Wound Specialist
- St Peter’s Hospital Attending/Surgical
- St. Peter’s Hospital, Chairman-Dept. of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- Albany Medical Center Attending/Surgical
- Albany Medical Center, Chairman-Dept. of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, 1997-2006
- AMC South Clinical Campus, Chairman-Dept. of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, 1988-2006
- Albany Memorial Hospital Attending/Surgical
- Albany Medical Center – Assistant Instructor-Department of Family Practice, 1985-Present
- VA Medical Center- Contracted Podiatric Foot Surgeon, Chief Diabetic Foot Dept., 2005-2012
Steven Lam, DPM
Dr. Steven Lam, DPM grew up in Niskayuna, NY and graduated from SUNY Buffalo State in 1999. He had always been interested in sports medicine and surgery, and found podiatry as a means to practice medicine, help people and find fulfillment in his professional life.
Dr. Lam completed his studies in podiatric medicine at Temple University in 2004 and continued his education with a three-year surgical residency at The Graduate Hospital in Philadelphia, PA where he was named chief resident his third year. His training focused on all aspects of foot and ankle surgery, including the reconstruction of the foot and ankle and diabetic limb salvage. He is one of the only podiatrists in the area that is dually board certified in both Podiatric Surgery and Podiatric Medicine.
- Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- SUNY – University at Buffalo
Post Graduate Training:
- The Graduate Hospital
Podiatric Surgical Chief Resident, PM&S-36
- Diplomate (Board Certified)- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Diplomate (Board Certified) – American Board of Podiatric Medicine
- New York State Podiatric Medical Association – North East Division President
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Board of Trustees, Congregation Agudat Achim
- New York Podiatric Medical License
- Dr. Leon Kehr Memorial Scholarship
‘The Use of a Small Bilateral External Fixator for Ankle Fusion’ The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery. Vol. 48, Issue 1, Pages 89-92 (January 2009)
‘The Use of Graft Jacket for Augmentation of Tendon Repairs’ Lam, S. DPM, Treaster, A. DPM, Schoenhaus, H. DPM, Roberts, K. DPM. ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference Las Vegas, Nevada
- Ellis Hospital Schenectady, NY
- Albany Medical Center Albany, NY
- Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital Schenectady, NY
- Bellevue Hospital Schenectady, NY
- St. Peter’s Hospital Albany, NY
- St. Peter’s Ambulatory Surgery Center 1367 Washington Ave. Albany, NY